It’s that time of year when thoughts turn to ghouls and goblins, trick-or-treating and scary costumes. Omaha Public Library is hosting safe and free family-friendly events this month. From crafts and magic, to spooky storytimes, there is something for everyone!
- Friday, Oct. 25:
- 10:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. at W. Dale Clark Main Library, 215 S. 15th St., 402.444.4800. Halloween Fun Fest – Make a Halloween treat and enjoy spooky stories, games and crafts. Costume-wearing visitors are welcome.
- 4-6 p.m. at Millard Branch, 13214 Westwood Ln., 402.444.4848. Goosebumps Halloween Party – Join us for creepy games, trivia and snacks at this Goosebumps inspired haunted gathering. Come dressed as your favorite scary R.L. Stine character!
- 6-9 p.m. at A.V. Sorensen Branch, 4808 Cass St., 402.444.5274. Grades 2-6 Halloween Lock-in – Enjoy food and refreshments while playing games. Costumes encouraged. A signed parental permission slip is required.
- Saturday, Oct. 26:
- 10-11:30 a.m. at Bess Johnson Elkhorn Branch, 2100 Reading Plz., 402.289.4367. Halloween Party with Magician Jeff Quinn – Jeff Quinn will entertain trick-or-treaters with amazing magic tricks and a dash of humor. Wear your costume!
- 1-3 p.m. at Saddlebrook Branch, 14850 Laurel Ave., 402.884.7473. Saddlebrook Spooktacular – Celebrate Halloween with Saddlebrook Branch and Saddlebrook Community Center. There will be activities, crafts, photo ops and fun for all ages. Costumes encouraged.
- 2-3 p.m. at A.V. Sorensen Branch. Halloween Storytime – Celebrate Halloween, listen to stories, and make a Halloween craft. Costumes encouraged. Suggested for grades K-3.
- 2-4 p.m. at Willa Cather Branch, 1905 S. 44th St., 402.444.4851. Halloween Craft Party –All supplies will be furnished.
- 6-10 p.m. at W. Clarke Swanson Branch, 9101 W. Dodge Rd., 402.444.4852. Teen Halloween Lock-in – Enjoy a costume contest, video games, and other activities, as well as pizza, soda and candy! Parental permission required.
- 6:15-9:15 p.m. at Millard Branch. Teen Halloween Lock-in – Join us for a haunted meeting room, candy scavenger hunt, scary movie, games and more at this party. Dress in a costume if you’d like to compete in a costume contest; prizes go to the winners. Snacks and drinks will be provided. A parental release form needs to be signed before or upon entrance to the lock-in.
- Wednesday, Oct. 30:
- 6:30-7 p.m. at Florence Branch, 2920 Bondesson St., 402.444.5299. Halloween Haunt Party – Join us for a special Halloween-themed storytime! Enjoy refreshments, scary stories, and activities especially geared for the pre-school and early elementary age child. Children of all ages are welcome. Costumes encouraged.
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. at Milton R. Abrahams Branch, 5111 N. 90th St., 402.444.6284. Adam White Halloween Magic Show – Join us for a highly reviewed, hilarious, fast-paced, educational magical program! Come ready to laugh, and be spooked and amazed.
- Thursday, Oct. 31, 3:30-5 p.m. at W. Clark Swanson Branch. Spectacular Spooky Craft & Coloring Program – Join us for spooky crafts and coloring activities for the whole family! All supplies will be provided.
For detailed descriptions of each event, or to register, visit omahalibrary.org
. Some events have recommended ages or grades for participation. Lock-ins require consent from a parent or guardian. Questions should be directed to the Library branch hosting each event. Visit omahalibrary.org
for information about additional programs offered at Omaha Public Library’s 12 metro locations.